At BlueCrew, you accumulate 0.16 sick hours for every hour you put in a job. In order to utilize your sick days, you must:
- Be employed with BlueCrew for at least 90 days.
- Work 30 shifts.
- Have accrued enough sick time to cover your absence
- Be scheduled for a job on the day in question
- Notify your supervisor for approval at least 2 hours prior to the job.
- Send in a written time request to support at least 2 hours prior to the job start time.
Remember, you must call your supervisor anytime you are unable to make it into work. If it is a short-term assignment, please cancel the job on the app so someone on the waitlist can work the job. Please note, accounts are automatically suspended for canceling a job within 16 hours of the start time of the first shift. However, when you submit a doctor's note, your suspension will be revoked.
If you need to use a sick day, please submit ALL of the following to Live Support or email@example.com:
- Company and Job Name
- Date requested off.
- Supervisor's Name.
- Did you contact your supervisor for approval at least 2 hours before the job start time (yes/no)?
- Did you send BlueCrew a written request at least 2 hours before the job start time (yes/no)?
BlueCrew sick time policy is in accordance with California State Law.
If you need more information on canceling a job, please see the article "What if I cannot work a job I accepted."